The most popular destination for our Kansas City party buses is the Power & Light District in Kansas City MO. If you are looking for a safe and fun party bus rental service to Power & Light bars and concert events, we are your ‘go-to’ KC party bus service.
The Kansas City Power & Light District or Power & Light District is a shopping and entertainment district in Downtown Kansas City, Missouri, United States, developed by the Cordish Company of Baltimore, Maryland and designed by Beyer Blinder Belle and 360 Architecture. The district comprises nine blocks on the south side of the downtown loop. It is located between Baltimore Avenue to the west, Grand Boulevard to the east, 12th Street to the north, and Interstate 670 to the south. The $850 million “mixed-use” district is one of the largest development projects in the Midwestern United States The Power & Light District is one of only a few places in the United States where possession and consumption of open containers of alcoholic beverages are allowed on the street, although they remain prohibited on the street throughout the rest of Kansas City.
The Power & Light District is immediately to the west of the Sprint Center. It originally was to be named Kansas City Live!, but the Cordish Company decided instead to name the district after the art deco Kansas City Power and Light Building. The present headquarters of the Kansas City Power & Light Company (a subsidiary of Great Plains Energy) is also located on the northern side of the district. A one-block area within the district, however, is called Kansas City Live!, and contains two floors of bars, restaurants, and nightclubs, as well as a large, partially-enclosed courtyard and concert venue (see below).
Offering over a half million square feet, the Kansas City Power & Light District is the Midwest’s premier entertainment epicenter. With more than 50 unique and captivating restaurants, bars, shops and entertainment venues, the Power & Light District offers something for everyone. Located in the heart of downtown, this vibrant, new nine-block neighborhood links the Convention Center to the Sprint Arena and is bringing the beat back to Kansas City.
World-class attractions include the Midland Theater by AMC, The AMC Mainstreet Movie Theater and the KC Live! Entertainment District.
Below is a list of venues in the Power & Light District either already open or opening soon.
- 801 Steak and Chop House
- AMC Mainstreet Theatre (6-screen all-digital theatre)
- Angel’s Rock Bar (rock bar with live and recorded music)
- Balsano’s Gelato Café (June 2011)
- Bar Louie
- Bristol Seafood Grill (2nd location for local seafood legend)
- Chipotle Mexican Grill
- Cosentino’s Market Downtown (gourmet grocery store)
- Drunken Fish
- Elements (Seasonal)
- Envolve Boutique
- Flying Saucer Draught Emporium (more than 225 beers from more than 15 countries)
- Fran’s Restaurant (Diner)
- Garment District Boutique (retail)
- GNC (features a full smoothie bar)
- Gordon Biersch Brewery and Restaurant (hand-crafted beer and made-from-scratch food)
- Howl at the Moon (dueling piano bar)
- Indie on Main
- Johnny’s Tavern (sports bar)
- KC Live!
- Kobe Japanese Steak & Seafood
- LatteLand Espresso & Tea
- Living Room
- Lucky Strike Lanes (bowling alley)
- Maker’s Mark Bourbon House & Lounge (premium Kentucky bourbon in sophisticated setting)
- McFadden’s Sports Saloon (Irish-themed sports bar)
- Mema’s Bakery
- Mosaic (South Beach-style lounge)
- Organic Power Dry Cleaners
- PBR Big Sky (country bar)
- Pizza Bar
- Polished (full-service nail salon)
- Polished Edge Fine Jewelry
- Raglan Road (Irish pub made in Ireland, literally)
- Rooftop Park
- Shark Bar (nightlife with a Caribbean flair)
- Sprint Studio (retail shop)
- Tengo Sed Cantina (south-of-the-border flavor)
- The Jones (pool and lounge)
- The Marquee Lounge
- The Midland by AMC (3,000 capacity live music venue)
- The Mixx (homemade salads, soups and sandwiches)
- Whopper Bar
- Zafar, Spa & Boutique